Through Powered by iPlant, third-party projects can leverage the iPlant cyberinfrastructure — user authentication system, large data storage, and high-performance job execution framework — to provide services to their users.
● Authentication system: provides secure single sign-on between your application and all other iPlant services
● Data Store: store, share and distribute large amounts of data
● High-performance job execution framework: execute analyses on High Performance Computing resources
Projects requesting support under Powered by iPlant must have the programming resources to integrate with iPlant APIs and CI, as well as the resources to maintain their sites. iPlant provides direct access to iPlant development staff and resources for projects to integrate with other components in the infrastructure. iPlant does not offer web-hosting for stand-alone tools and recommends using a commercial provider for that type of service (e.g., Amazon, Azure, Rackspace, etc.).
Some current projects that are Powered by iPlant include:
● BioExtract Server: makes use of iPlant's job execution framework
● CIPRES: makes use of iPlant's centralized authentication system
● ClearedLeavesDB: uses iPlant's data services
● CoGe: makes use of iPlant's authentication and Data Store
● Center for Genome Research and Biocomputing (CGRB): uses the iPlant foundation API for analysis execution
● Galaxy: uses iPlant's Data Store resources
● iMicrobe: uses iPlant's Data Store and apps
● Integrated Breeding Platform (IBP): uses iPlant authentication services
● SoyKB: authentication provided by iPlant
To request that your project be Powered by iPlant, please complete this webform. Requests are reviewed on an ongoing basis. For questions or to explore whether Powered by iPlant might benefit your project and its users, please contact iPlant.