Through Powered by iPlant, third-party projects can leverage the iPlant cyberinfrastructure — user authentication system, large data storage, high-performance job execution framework, and semantic web technology — to provide services to their users. Additionally, projects can request iPlant host their resources on iPlant's virtualization environment to make them available to their users or to the larger community.
- Authentication system: provides secure single sign on between your application and all other iPlant services
- Data Store: store, share and distribute large amounts of data
- High-performance job execution framework: execute analyses on High Performance Computing resources
- Semantic web: be discovered by others seeking a type of service, type of input data, or type of output data
- Service hosting: integrate your services with iPlant's
To be Powered by iPlant, those requesting service support must have the programming expertise to use iPlant APIs available for the services, as well as the resources to maintain their sites. iPlant provides the necessary hardware updates and network security.
Some current projects that are Powered by iPlant include:
- AnimalGenome: web-hosted by iPlant
- BioExtract Server: makes use of iPlant's job execution framework
- BrachyBio: iPlant built the user interface and services
- CIPRES: makes use of iPlant's centralized authentication system
- ClearedLeavesDB: uses iPlant's data services
- CoGe: makes use of iPlant's authentication, Data Store, and hosting services
- Center for Genome Research and Biocomputing (CGRB): uses the iPlant foundation API for analysis execution
- Galaxy: uses iPlant's Data Store resources
- Greenome Browser: uses iPlant Data Store resources and job-execution framework
- iMicrobe: uses iPlant's Data Store, apps, and hosting services
- Integrated Breeding Platform (IBP): uses iPlant authentication services
- Phylotastic: web-service uses iPlant's TNRS
- Promzea: web-hosted by iPlant
- SoyKB: authentication provided by iPlant
- TARGeT: hosted and administered by iPlant
To request that your project be Powered by iPlant, please complete this webform. Requests are reviewed on an ongoing basis and are answered within one month. For questions or to explore whether Powered by iPlant might benefit your project and its users, please contact iPlant.