The iPlant Data Store is where you can store all the data related to your research. The Data Store is cloud-based, provides reliable and redundant storage, and is the central repository from which data is accessed by all of iPlant's technologies, including the Discovery Environment, Atmosphere, or application programming interfaces (for those who program).
With a unified place to store and analyze your data, sharing data between your personal computer and iPlant's tools, among your collaborators, and even with other web-based systems is easy. The iPlant Data Store is built using iRODS, a separate cyberinfrastructure project. iRODS brings years of experience managing all kinds of data, including very large datasets similar to those generated by high-throughput technologies, such as NextGen Sequencing.
- Different interfaces are available, from web services to mountable file systems to high-speed command line transfers,
- Uses iRODS technology to give you great flexibility and control over your data,
- Accessible from anywhere on iPlant's platform (e.g., Discovery Environment, Atmosphere, Bisque, Agave API, etc.) as well from other interfaces,
- You control all permissions for sharing or privacy,
- System uses multithreaded transfers for fast upload times,
- Handles partial transfers so you can resume transfers in the same place if you get interrupted,
- Automatic storage allocation of 100GB for each user account, with increase up to 1TB or more possible.
|Edwin Skidmore||Director, Infrastructure||University of Arizona|
|Darren Boss||Senior Systems Administrator||University of Arizona|
|Andy Edmonds||Senior Systems Administrator||University of Arizona|
|Steven Gregory||Software Engineer, Infrastructure||University of Arizona|
|Jason Hansen||Software Engineer, Infrastructure||University of Arizona|
|Sangeeta Kuchimanchi||Infrastructure Services Integrator||University of Arizona|
|J. Matt Peterson||Software Engineer, Infrastructure||University of Arizona|
|Log in to the Data Store|
|Register for access to the Data Store|
|Storing your data with iPlant|
|Increase your Data Store allocation|
|iPlant's Data Management Policy|